The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel is your basecamp for exploring all that Humboldt County and Californiaâ€™s Redwood Coast have to offer. Conveniently located in Fortuna, our independent Northern California hotel is close to beaches, national and state parks, restaurants, wineries, breweries, tours, shopping, and much more.
We know that the best way to travel to Fortuna, and to see all that Humboldt County has to offer along the way, is by car. You will see the majesty of the Giant Redwoods up close. Traveling by car allows you to stop at the redwood groves along the way and even pause to pick up some redwood art! The Redwood Highway (US 101) travels through small towns and alongside many of the rivers (six rivers to be exact: the Smith, Klamath, Trinity, Mad, Van Duzen, and Eel Rivers) that make Humboldt so beautiful.
Traveling the iconic 101 highway north, Fortuna is approximately 250 miles from San Francisco, about a 4.5 hour pleasant drive through wine and redwood country. Traveling the iconic 101 highway south, Fortuna is approximately 429 miles from Portland, about a 7.5 hour drive along the beautiful Oregon coast and the striking Cascade Range.
This map gives you an overview of Humboldt County and the Redwood Coast. Download PDF.
Fly to the Redwood
California Redwood Coast – Humboldt County Airport (ACV)
The California Redwood Airport is Humboldt County’s regional airport offering commercial air service to a three-county area: Humboldt, Del Norte, and Mendocino Counties. Click here for more details: ACV.
- Distance: 40 miles/64 kilometers north of hotel
- Travel time: 45 minutes
- Location: Off US 101; 3561 Boeing Ave McKinleyville
- Serviced by: United Airlines
- Door-to-Door Transportation at the California Redwood Airport
- Rental Car Service at the California Redwood Airport
Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport (STS)
The Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport is located approximately 65 miles north of San Francisco, 4 miles north of Santa Rosa, and 55 miles south of Ukiah. Click here for more details: STS.
- Distance: 194 miles/312 kilometers south of hotel
- Directions: Traveling south on 101 from Ukiah, take the Airport Blvd. exit (just south of the central Windsor and Shiloh exits) and go west on Airport Blvd for about 1.5 miles until it ends at the Airport terminal.
- Serviced by: Alaska Airlines.