It’s About Responsibility
As Humboldt County’s TripAdvisor-certified GreenLeader Hotel, we believe we are all stewards of our environment. We engage in business practices that reduce our footprint, from using 100% non-toxic cleaning products to recycling to supporting local businesses. It’s about saying no to products that would likely be added to a landfill in the long run.
- 100% chemical-free housekeeping
- In-room recycling program
- Full hotel recycling program with the city of Fortuna
- Guest-directed linen re-use program
- 100% non-smoking rooms
- Our recent lobby renovation focused on reclaimed, reused, and recycled materials.
- Spa-grade amenity dispensers in each guest room to reduce plastic and landfill waste
- Styrofoam eliminated from guest rooms and breakfast service in favor of post-consumer recycled paper products and bio-degradable corn products
- Elimination of individual packaging at breakfast service to reduce landfill waste
- Logging and monitoring our gas, water, and electrical usage
- Ongoing replacement of equipment with ENERGY STAR rated equipment
Made in Humboldt – Shop Local
At The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel, we believe that you want to experience this sense of place. What better way to have a feel for the local area and to experience it than to partake in the local flavor. Beef, wine, art, health/wellness products, as well as sustainable redwood products, are all proudly made in Humboldt County. Visit the Made in Humboldt site for a full list of items and be sure to look for Made in Humboldt products as you travel through Humboldt County.
Local Farmers’ Markets
The Fortuna Farmers’ Market is on Tuesdays from 3 – 6 pm. The market runs from May through October. Click here for more Farmers’ Markets around Humboldt County.